Should I Hire A CTO?
Technology is constantly evolving, with innovators launching new products and services regularly. For any business to thrive and expand, it’s essential to stay up-to-date and adapt to any market changes. You may think that you need to hire a Chief Technical Officer (CTO) but is that really the best move for your company, read on to find out.
What Exactly Does a CTO Do?
The responsibilities of a CTO vary based on organizations or the sector. They’re generally responsible for the tech needs, research, development of new tech, and oversight and security of the entire workflow.
A CTO assesses what the organization needs, both short-term and long-term. They then acquire new tech or upgrades and redesign existing technology to align with the organization’s needs.
This ensures that the company achieves its goals and provides products or services that solve consumer needs.
Benefits Of A CTO To Your Organization
A CTO can help your organization as they:
- Ensure the technological strategies are in line with the business goals.
- Offer specific advice on technical challenges to assist in the decision-making processes.
- Handle implementation of technology initiatives and installation of risk-mitigation operations.
- Create a strategy focusing on the digital transformation of all business processes. They offer suggestions on how to use technology to grow the business.
- Minimize operational risks by creating sustainable processes, and facilitate proper planning for resources.
Advantages Of Outsourcing A CTO
- It minimizes costs that would otherwise come from significant salaries, bonuses, and other benefits needed to retain full-time CTOs.
- It brings external knowledge and new ideas to the table.
- You’re able to access top-notch expertise from a professional with hands-on experience.
- They provide an unbiased opinion regarding best practices.
- You’ll benefit from your IT department becoming more productive and effective.
How Do I Choose Between Outsourcing and Hiring a Full-Time CTO?
The answer to this question depends on your business or company’s lifecycle stage and your current technological requirements. Most small and medium-sized organizations don’t require a full-time CTO to manage teams and develop strategies involving technology. Furthermore, a company like F12.net can provide these same services for a reliable cost per user, becoming your trusted “CTO” without the commitment of hiring a full-time salaried employee.
Additionally, Insurance companies sometimes fail to cover cybersecurity until specific regulations get fulfilled. By using F12, this coverage comes standard in all of their packages.
A CTO has many responsibilities that are vital to successful business ventures. However, it’s possible to minimize this workload by working together with an MSP such as F12.
Regardless of the size of your business or company, you’ll benefit from fully managed IT support and enhanced security.