Look no further if you seek the fast lane into an IT career or wish to supercharge your professional development. You will work hard with a diverse team and gain exposure to technology services in scores of businesses; your resume will become rich with experience and accomplishments. F12 is on a mission in 2022 to elevate our employees to a minimum $70K salary within their first 12 months – with career tracks beyond. We aim to do this by building and retaining an elite team of IT professionals equipped to deliver unmatched service to Canadian business leaders and their teams. We value humble service, self-improvement, and hard work, and we are looking for like-minded individuals to join us on our journey.
The System Administrator is responsible for supporting IT operations by effectively monitoring event management based on long term, not near-term solutions. This individual will be part of a dynamic team charged with driving improvements to infrastructure, application and service monitoring with fellow Networkers and clients. The successful candidate will require a strong background and experience with monitoring tools and is eager to seek to understand F12’s strategy, market, and clients.
What You Will Be Doing
- Consistent availability and commitment to staff and clients for the monitoring and maintenance of F12 Data Centers.
- Diligent creation and maintenance of documentation of all internal and Datacenter resources.
- Understanding of the useable lifespan of F12 Datacenter components such as storage systems, servers, and network infrastructure.
- Understanding of networking fundamentals including Layer2/Layer3 concepts (VLANs, dynamic routing protocols, etc.)
- Advanced understanding of F12’s tools as they relate to the daily tasks performed by team. This includes tools such as VMWare Hypervisor, Veeam Backup, Zerto Disaster Recovery, Load Balancing, Dell and HPE Compute, HPE SAN, and Brocade Storage Networking, Watchguard management tools.
- Validation of back-ups, security software, and patches across our client base.
- Prompt resolution of monitoring and backup issues and ensuring the proper parties are notified of any potential issues.
- Understand automation techniques (ex. scripting and PowerShell) and how to implement them through F12’s remote management tools.
- Understand and utilize a variety of tools to deal with daily issues (Sysinternals toolset, network capture/monitoring, etc.)
- Thorough knowledge of a variety of 3rd party applications from such vendors as N-Able, Turbonomic and PRTG as well as intermediate troubleshooting abilities in server-based software issues with Microsoft Operating Systems and Servers.
- The ability to learn and achieve designations in one or more of F12’s core vendors (Microsoft, VMWare, Veeam, Zerto, Elfiq, HPE/Dell, and WatchGuard) and the desire to maintain your technical skills through formal and informal education.
- Ability to discuss issues and solutions with AM’s and TL’s regarding F12 Cloud, Client Backups and Client system management and monitoring.
Who You Are
- 3+ years of experience in IT operations
- 3+ years of experience managing monitoring solutions
- 3+ years of experience in Datacenter Operations preferred
- Ability to make sound judgements despite ambiguity
- Excellent interpersonal skills to present solutions and findings
- Open-minded when investigating solutions and receiving feedback
- Ability to maintain calm poise in stressful situations to provide candid and helpful feedback to team members
- Participate in making F12 a fun place to work
What You Can Expect From Us
We take pride in our forward-thinking, dynamic culture that champions diversity and inclusivity and fosters a respectful working environment. We also want to make sure that however you get IT done in all parts of your life, we’ve got your back. Here are some of the components of our total rewards plan:
✓ Health Spending or RRSP Matching
✓ Three weeks vacation plus extra Flex Days
✓ Flexible Work Arrangements
✓ Reimbursements for educational advancement and certifications
✓ Leadership development opportunities and growth coaching
- Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8-hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Markham, ON L6C 1T6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)