1) To avoid practical office jokes, it is a good idea to lock your computer when you’re stepping away from your desk. The easiest way to do this, is to press the Windows key and L at the same time.
Jonathan Laniel, System Specialist
2) In Windows 7 and 8 there is a little app called Sticky Notes that allows you to make little digital notes on your desktop and input data, change colours, etc. It’s extremely useful and is something I tell users about it all the time and they seem to love it! Try it out on your PC by going to the Start menu and typing in the search bar “Sticky Notes”.
Matt Laperriere, Hydro Pod Team Lead
3) Click a link with the middle mouse button aka scroll wheel to open the link in a new tab.
Sean Kelly, Project Coordinator
4) Need quick access to your desktop? Windows sign + D will clear everything and show your desktop. Press it again and everything will appear again.
Brandon Moore, System Specialist
5) The Snipping Tool is an excellent app found in the latest Windows versions. It allows you to take screen shots of a certain area on the screen and then you can easily save it.
Liva Graudina, Project Coordinator